Is it the right price for a 406?? - NeilT
I've just bought what apears to be a pretty mint Peugeot 406 2.0 SRi Turbo for £2550.

It is a 1998 S-reg with 97,000 miles, silver, FSH, new tyres, Climate control and all the other usual 406 goodies.

Compared to Parkers guide its a good buy, but is this really a good buy????

Neil T
SEAT Leon TDi 150
Is it the right price for a 406?? - Morris Ox
Seems a reasonable enough price, but just make sure all the electric toys work; they're particularly susceptible to glitches here. Aircon system not known for longevity, either.

Build quality generally on these cars is a rung or two below the Japanese/Ford best, but they're smooth, comfy cars. Quite heavy, too, so don't expect brilliance in terms of acceleration or fuel consumption.

Provided everything's sound it should be a good enough workhorse if you keep it for a few years. Check out that service history to see what's been done to it.
Is it the right price for a 406?? - NeilT
Cheers, I know about the performance side, thats one reason I opted to swap the std 406 SRi 16v for the Turbo version, plus it has 153,000 well worn miles..:-)

With a bit of knolage I picked up from modifing Rover T16 Turbo Engines I should be able to boost power to 180bhp quite easily and get a nice drivable car with low down grunt, just like my Leon....

cheers

Neil T
SEAT Leon TDi 150, 406 SRi Turbo, 406 SRi 16v, Various Montegos...