Help! Another problem with my Granada - Rob the Bus
Thanks very much to those who helped out with my last problems. The idling is sorted thanks to a thorough clean of the control valve, and a tankful of Optimax has all but cured the pinking.

BUT (you just knew that there'd be a but, didn't you?), yesterday evening it refused to start. It was turning over healthily enough so there was plenty of charge, but it just wouldn't catch. I park with the front of the car up to some greenery, so I knocked it into 'R' to push it back to get to the engine, then back into 'P'. I tried it again, just out of curiosity and it burst into life! It's been fine since. Was it just having a senior moment, or was it something else?

I was thinking that it may simply have been fuel vaporisation (the fuel pump is at the back and the sun was beating down on the car all afternoon) or perhaps a problem with the gearbox starting inhibitor?

Anyway, once again, over to you. Many thanks for your input!

Cheers

Rob

Watch out for squirrels' tails. Far too bushy for my liking.
Help! Another problem with my Granada - frostbite
I would be fascinated to know, Rob, why you selected 'R' and not 'N' to push it?

Weren't trying to push start it, were you?
Help! Another problem with my Granada - Rob the Bus
>>Weren't trying to push start it, were you?

Hell, no Frostbite!! Believe me, I'm in no fit state to attempt to push start a car by myself! Anyway, (unless you're being t-i-c and I'm being too thick to see it!) I was under the impression you can't push start an automatic. It just happened that 'R' was the first position I got to that would allow me to push it back a foot. Plus, seeings as I was pushing it backwards, it seemed kind of logical!