Tyres - clariman
How many miles should a set of tyres do on an Avensis, sensibly driven!

I'm thinking a new set every 30,000 miles - reasonable or optimistic?

Thanks,

clariman
Tyres - Blue {P}
I just got 9,000 miles out the front tyres on my Fiesta! :O

Need changing now though.
Blue
Tyres - Gen
Not sure if you'll get 30k but you'll have to rotate them to get close (including the fifth spare). I've had 22k on remoulds but then i drive like a nun.
Tyres - TrevP
clariman -

It probably won't work out that nicely -

more like 20k fronts, 40k backs.

(but if you rotate, you can get serious mileage -
SWMBO got 55K on her set (5) of Michelins on her old Pug 306DT)
Tyres - Dynamic Dave
I generally end up getting unrepairable puntures long before the tyres are worn down to their twi's.
Tyres - Marcos{P}
I used to get between 15,000 and 20,000 on a full set on my old M.B. C240 but I do like to use the car on bends.
Tyres - blank
Depends how you drive. I used to get 12000 from front on my company Primera (youth and overexuberance!) but some years later, I now bet about 22000 from front on my Mondeo.

Rears on same cars repectively 25000 and 45000

hth
Andy
Tyres - Bob the builder
Well I'm only just on my third set of tyres at 72k in my 5 yr old Carina. Mind you , I only fit Michelin and a lot of these miles have been motorway. So, I'd reckon you'd get 30k per set, BUT rotate them.
Tyres - Altea Ego
as has been said, you will have to rotate regularly

Me? 28k front, 45k backs
Tyres - Blue {P}
So what's wrong with my baby then, surely even an enthusiadtically driven *small* car should see 15K from the fronts? After all there's not as much weight to carry.

Although having said that, the alignment was far out for a while and this may be the cause, the centre is legal, but the outside edge is almost bald! :(
Blue
Tyres - Wee Willie Winkie
I ran a 98 'S' Saxo 1.5D for 50K without changing tyres - just rotated to ensure even wear... Shame about the rest of the car though.
Tyres - Dynamic Dave
I wouldn't worry about it Blue Oval. I've only ever averaged 11,000 to 13,000 miles out of a set of fronts [1] without swaping them for the rears.

[1] On a front wheel drive car.
Tyres - Blue {P}
That makes me feel a bit better DD, but there's not even a possiblilty of swapping these ones, one of them is a hair's breadth from been illegal. :(
Blue