The ugliest car in Christendom... - Roland Rat
Has to be the new Rolls-Royce. My God, what were they thinking of? When you look back to the beautifully sculpted lines of the Silver Shadow or even the slab-sided but still graceful Silver Spur and compare that with the new one... I think that it's apt that they have suicide doors! I mean £250k could buy you half of the Scottish Highlands and I know where I'd rather spend my time!
Mind you, what would I know? I used to drive a pink Ford Popular...!
The ugliest car in Christendom... - DavidHM
Pontiac Aztek. www.uglycars.co.uk doesn't feature it because its remit specifically excludes American cars (and quite rightly, too - think of the bandwidth they'd need) but even the Aztek's mother wouldn't call it beautiful.
The ugliest car in Christendom... - TrevorP
My votes go for Fiat Multipla and/or Toyota Yaris Verso.
The ugliest car in Christendom... - greenhey
Re the Yaris verso
A guy I know who worked in a Toyota dealership drove one for a month or so .He said he was afraisd to stop on sideroads for fear a queue of kids would form, asking for a 99 or a Zoom.
The ugliest car in Christendom... - JamesH
Re the Yaris verso
A guy I know who worked in a Toyota dealership drove
one for a month or so .He said he was afraisd
to stop on sideroads for fear a queue of kids would
form, asking for a 99 or a Zoom.

I once had a bright red one as a hire car. I should have a sack of post and a black-and-white cat next to me!

James
The ugliest car in Christendom... - Obsolete
Mind you finding a parking space for half the Scottish Highlands would be hard. And as for servicing ...
Leif - surely I could park half the Scottish Highlands in the other half... Agree about servicing costs though. And what would the mpg be like?
The ugliest car in Christendom... - NWS
It's too early to say. We'll only get the full picture when they take off those temporary disguising panels they've clearly fitted to the front end to fool the telephoto lens boys from Auto Express ;-)
The ugliest car in Christendom... - madf
Almost every Rolls from 1982 qualifies for the title of this thread.. and quite a few before then as well:-)
madf
The ugliest car in Christendom... - CM
The list is too long but:

VW Beetle new
Ford Ka
Audi TT (!!)
Fiat Multipla
Ford Focus saloon
etc
etc

Personally think that the RR, while no looker, has enough presence to overlook its bad points.
The ugliest car in Christendom... - davo
Audi TT?

Going of this list I would guess you drive a square car. Lada, Fiat 128, Ford Transit Mk 1?
Audi TT?
Going of this list I would guess you drive a square
car. Lada, Fiat 128, Ford Transit Mk 1?

I suppose my car is quite square (BMW5) but have always liked square-ish cars (my favourite being AM Vantage)
The ugliest car in Christendom... - Alfafan {P}
Agree that TT is very overrated in the looks department. Roadster looks OK but coupe looked squashed. How do you see out? How do you get in without bangiong your head? Not ugly necessarily but definitely ill-proportioned.

Ugliest cars? Kangoo and Berlingo. Look like those old Hillman van conversions they used to put out in the 60s
The ugliest car in Christendom... - THe Growler
www.fortunecity.com/silverstone/damonhill/207/1973...l
The ugliest car in Christendom... - FergusTheDog
Citroen C5, then the Peugeot 406 and 307.

TT is a masterpiece, especially the roadster.
The ugliest car in Christendom... - Ben79
I think the 406 is a handsome looking car, it looks like it means business when in a dark colour.

The C5 has a slightly quirky look, but I like it.

The 307, why didn't Peugeot shoot the designer?

Ben
The ugliest car in Christendom... - dave18
The 307 is a shame. They took the 309 (good car but undeniably ugly) then made the 306 which was nice... then the 307. Interesting though how different they are, visually. At least they are more progressive, I mean if the Vectra is used as an example, its just a rounded off Cavalier.
The ugliest car in Christendom... - dave18
That would be, old Vectra.
The ugliest car in Christendom... - Richard Hall
I saw one of these on my last trip to the US. It's impressively ugly in the metal:

www.buick.com/rendezvous/

Richard Hall
bangernomics.tripod.com
The ugliest car in Christendom... - Vansboy
Every time I see an Audi TT , I wait for the drver to put his fingers over the door,poke his head up & say 'Wot No..... style... taste...idea... wot to spend £25000 on...
My input = Granada scorpio.Can't think what happened there!
Mark
The ugliest car in Christendom... - patpending
ho ho! uglycars.co.uk is a chucklesomely opinionated site and no mistake. but classics like the Austin Maxi, Renault 4, Citroën DS and Talbot Tagora ugly? er... no, actually?

I must agree about Audi. Along with BMW, this Bavarian manufacturer has sliding down a slippery slope in an attempt to be all hip and trendy.

And failing miserably.

The new 7 series is just plain ugly IMHO, while the TT looks like someone forgot the top half (note the new Jag is 10cm taller). The dark grilles on the new Audis have been compared* to sewer openings!

pat

*(unfavourably)
I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder but the Citroen DS is a beauty in a 70s sort of way!!

I think that one that obviously stands out (and has been swiftly rectified by the manufacturer) is the Subaru Impreza. Along the same theme I cannot really see much beauty into the Mitsubishi Lancer (Evo or not).
The ugliest car in Christendom... - Mondaywoe
A Subaru Impreza (?) drew up beside me at the lights today. Black with gold wheels. I know the Subarus are very highly regarded, but I was struck by how naff (imho) the thing looked. I daresay they go like stink though! Having said that, the driver was probably looking at my (black!) C5 and thinking much the same. I don't think the C5 is the ugliest car in christendom, but I do think that from some angles it misses the mark slightly. It's verging on the eccentric and the pity is it would be much better TOTALLY eccentric - as Citroen could do with aplomb in its heyday! Hints of eccentricity just look like mistakes!

Mind you the 2.2HDI is no slouch! I was tempted to floor the throttle and give Mr Subaru a surprise. Thought better of it, though. I don't do things like that at my age........

Graeme
The ugliest car in Christendom... - FergusTheDog
The entire current range from Renault?
The ugliest car in Christendom... - Obsolete
"The entire current range from Renault?"

What a bunch of dogs. Woof woof. No offence Fergus.