Volvo XC70 - "Comprehensive" Insurance? - Desk Pilot

Insurers have managed to blur the lines between TPFT and comprehensive insurance. Comprehensive used to be just that - insurance with all the bells and whistles. But all the quotes I have had this week list a string of "extras" that used to be included. That's OK - I can choose what I want, but let's change the name from "Comprehensive" to something else. Any suggestions?

Volvo XC70 - "Comprehensive" Insurance? - RT

"Partial Own Cover" ?

Volvo XC70 - "Comprehensive" Insurance? - RobJP

It all depends really. You don't list any of the things that they are saying are now 'extras', so nobody can really say whether or not they are being reasonable, or moving the goalposts.

As a possibility, may I suggest (if you are eligible due to IAM or profession) trying Cornmarket Insurance. I've been with them a number of years now (as have other backroomers), and I think we're quite savvy and only too willing to switch if we think we're being ripped off.

Volvo XC70 - "Comprehensive" Insurance? - Ethan Edwards

What extras are you referring to?

Legal expenses?

Protected NCD?

Extra PA cover?

Two of those I'd probably buy if the price was reasonable.

We're these what your referring to? Please explain.

Volvo XC70 - "Comprehensive" Insurance? - RT

What extras are you referring to?

Legal expenses?

Protected NCD?

Extra PA cover?

Two of those I'd probably buy if the price was reasonable.

We're these what your referring to? Please explain.

I'd guess it includes voluntary excess, courtesy car, business travel, foreign travel, legal expenses, breakdown cover, protected NCD, driving other cars, driving loan cars during service/repair