renault traffic 2015 - compensation for repeatedly broken new van - turbotony1982

Brought a brand new traffic van in July covered just over 5000 miles so far and is now back at the dealership for the fourth fault, previous faults have all been electronic related but latest fault is leaking master cylinder, I have two questions

I'm self employed and every time I take my van into or collect it from the dealer I am losing half a days money (self employed) do I have any way of getting some form of compensation?

2nd question relates to the master cylinder failure, I reported it to renault straight away and they sent the rac to inspect it who confirmed the fault was the master cylinder but as the vehicle was drivable they wouldn't recover it even though j advised them it was burning badly on drive, it then stunk and smoked the whole way to the dealership, (good 70 miles drive) but there now saying if 5 here's no sign of slippage once the master cylinder is replaced then the clutch will not be changed, this will effect the life of the clutch though so how can they do this??

Any help much appreciated

renault traffic 2015 - compensation for repeatedly broken new van - RobJP

In answer to your first question, no.

To your second question : the slave cylinder fault and replacement is now 'on record'. As such, if you get DMF/clutch problems further down the line, it would put you in a very strong position to require a considerable amount of 'goodwill' contribution, and if such was not forthcoming, to threaten Small Claims Court action.

As to the 'how can they do this' : quite simple really. Currently the clutch is not faulty. So there is no reason to replace. You cannot say that it WILL affect the life of the clutch. It MAY affect clutch lifespan.

renault traffic 2015 - compensation for repeatedly broken new van - Palcouk

A leaking master cylinder that caused the clutch to slip/burn/smoke, over a 70 mile drive will have damaged clutch plate, at least. I would demand photographic evidence of its state, and preferanly to see with your own eyes.

As an observation, any compensation, not that you can obtain any, would be deemed, from a tax point of view, as income