relacement windscreens - andy n
hi all, it looks like im going to have to replace the windscreen on my volvo soon due to a large chip in the line of vision does any one have any views on replacement screens, is it best to stick out for a genuine volvo item or are people like autoglasses screens just as good? any one care to recomend a company to use bearing in mind all the horror stories regarding damage being done to the window aperture and resulting rust problems etc
relacement windscreens - smokie
Have only ever used AutoGlass or similar and never had any problems. Remember to leave the car for a few hours to let it all set before driving. I don't believe a Volvo screen would be significantly different to theirs, but I stand to be corrected.
relacement windscreens - jud
I wouldn't even consider using a main dealer, how many screens have they changed?. Autoglass or similar fit them every day, true experts. If you're going through the insurance use them, but if its your cash use the yellow pages there is a huge difference in price and i understand that the screens are from the same suppliers.
relacement windscreens - teabelly
Autoglass are more expensive if you are paying for it yourself. National Windscreens are a lot cheaper but I think going to an independent screen fitter might get you a better result. I have heard of a few problems that people have had with autoglass in particular with screens being fitted incorrectly.
teabelly