Honda FR-V - Airport Parking Liability - TonyTeeTee

Hi,

Picking up my car from a meet-and-greet parking service at Gatwick last week, I did a cursory inspection around the car, but it wasn't until the next day I noticed some scuff marks to the front bumper.

Of course I put in a complaint straight away to be told I had lost the right to make a complaint as soon as I drove out of the airport.

I booked the parking through an intermediary and their confirmation email contains a bunch of T&C's but doesn't include this stipulation (although checking their main web site since it does carry this caution buried in the legalise). However I wasn't told about this by the parking service at the time, with the attendent dropping the keys almost immediately and then going off to pick up his next gig.

I wanted to know whether you thought I have a case to pursue damages?

Many thanks,

Tony

Honda FR-V - Airport Parking Liability - Falkirk Bairn

Chips Away will fix scuffs for £50

A lawyer's letter might cost £100.

Honda FR-V - Airport Parking Liability - concrete

Agree with Falkirk, depends on the damage. If cosmetic then it may not be worth fighting a case. You are now a wiser man and so are we. Hopefully we shall all now check T&C's carefully and inspect before driving away.

Cheers Concrete

Honda FR-V - Airport Parking Liability - Palcouk

There have been numerous bad reports about many of these types of services, from damage to mileage. They may have a wonderfull web site, but may still be a one man outfit.

I bit the bullet and use one of the many long term parking facilities around Gatwick

Honda FR-V - Airport Parking Liability - TonyTeeTee

Thanks for the comments, I'll check out chips away and go from there.