Mazda 2 1.5 Sport (2011) - Heavy Tyre Wear on Mazda 2 - robman

Having got through a set of original Toyo tyres in 15,000 miles my car has covered since new, is there an alternative wheel/tyre that can be fitted or will this upset the speedo etc. I hate low profiles so much I look at cars with the old fashion rubber with absolute envy.

Mazda 2 1.5 Sport (2011) - Heavy Tyre Wear on Mazda 2 - skidpan

15,000 miles for a set of tyres is a bit short but not that bad. Since the car is 4 years old I suspect most of those miles have been done in town and that always wears tyres faster.

Unless you are prepared to invest in a set of alternative wheels there is no way tyou can fit a higher profile, it will upset the speedo etc. Add to that your insurers will need to be told, no cost normally but who knows until you ask.

Suggest you fit a new set of the original size. In 15,000 miles you have probably spent over £2000 on petrol, £300 on a set of tyres is a drop in the ocean.

Mazda 2 1.5 Sport (2011) - Heavy Tyre Wear on Mazda 2 - galileo

15,000 miles for a set of tyres is a bit short but not that bad. Since the car is 4 years old I suspect most of those miles have been done in town and that always wears tyres faster.

Some years back the man who looked after the company cars told me one user had worn the front tyres of his Granada in not much over 3000 miles - no misalignment, down to fast cornering, he reckoned.

Mazda 2 1.5 Sport (2011) - Heavy Tyre Wear on Mazda 2 - mazda60

Hi,

My wife has a mazda 2 Taakuya 1,3 petrol and the car managed 19,000 miles on the original Toyo's.

She bought the car with a low milegae (11,000miles) and drives it very sedately.

Would guess the extra performance together with the soft rubber of the Toyo's are to blame.

I looked for a tyre with a higher treadwear number for better mileage but at some loss of wet grip which is not a problem for us.

I decided on a pair of Yokohama's (now on the rears) and will fit the same on the front when needed.

Regards

Mazda 60.

Hi,

My wife has a mazda 2 Taakuya 1,3 petrol and the car managed 19,000 miles on the original Toyo's.

She bought the car with a low milegae (11,000miles) and drives it very sedately.

Would guess the extra performance together with the soft rubber of the Toyo's are to blame.

I looked for a tyre with a higher treadwear number for better mileage but at some loss of wet grip which is not a problem for us.

I decided on a pair of Yokohama's (now on the rears) and will fit the same on the front when needed.

Regards

Mazda 60.

Hi,

If it helps, the Toyo R31'S (195/45/16 80w) were 220 treadwear and the Yoko's (195/45/16 84W) are 300 so should last several thousand more miles !

Regards

Mazda 60.