Audi S8 - Car Maufactures Websites - Daedalus

Long time since my last post, but having to buy a new company car makes me contribute again.

Why are all Car Manufactures websites so shi%e?

About to say they are all utterly cr!p, but can't, I did not look at Kia or Daewoo.

They all seem to take ages to load and then when you go to the configurator they really fall down. These are sites trying to sell the second most expensive items most people will ever buy and they don't work.

Some will say I need a better internet connection but with a 152Mb Virgin connection I know thats not the issue. The sites are just slow. It is cr!p.

Audi S8 - Car Maufactures Websites - RobJP

Out of interest, I went to Audi's uk website, to try the configurator.

Loaded in split-seconds, worked great, updated various options virtually instantly.

We have 'rural' broadband in north Wales, we are 5 miles from the exchange. A speed checker carried out at 18:26 today came back at 1.64 Mb download, 0.33 Mb upload. Our PC is a 2 yr old Tesco Compaq cheapie (I think the base unit was £270 or so)

If it works for me, with something only a couple of steps up from string and cups, then I'd suggest you might like to clear some 'junk' (ahem) from your computer, then try again. Something is hogging your bandwidth, and it isn't the manufacturer's sites

Audi S8 - Car Maufactures Websites - madf

No issues here at all.

Try clearing your cache.

Audi S8 - Car Maufactures Websites - alan1302

Was playing about on the Hyundai and Renault ones the other day and no problems here either.

Sounds more like a problem your end - you may have fast internet but you may not actually be getting that speed, you might have all kinds of other problems on your computer.