TRY - Seat belt awareness course - oldroverboy.

My neighbour receved a NIP for not wearing his seatbelt, and an offer to take the course instead of the £100 fine.

Course cost £36 and about 40 minutes online to do.

went through it with him as his computer would not play the videos.

He "passed" after watching some videos and answering 90% of the questions.

TRY - Seat belt awareness course - ExA35Owner

Let's hope he learned enough from it to wear his seatbelt in future.

TRY - Seat belt awareness course - Bolt

One person gets caught out of the thousands not wearing a belt including Kids on the school run,very good odds on not getting caught now....

Like many other driving offences

TRY - Seat belt awareness course - alan1302

Although i think you would be stupid not to wear a seat belt I've never really unerstood why it's a legal requirement. If someone doesn't want to wear one then I think they shouldn't have to.

Surely the reason most of us don't get caught for seatbelt offences - or other ones - is that we are aware of the reasons for the regulations and therefore obey them. And one reason for the seatbelt law is to reduce the number and severity of injuries, which in turn means less misery and less cost to taxpayers.

TRY - Seat belt awareness course - skidpan

Although i think you would be stupid not to wear a seat belt I've never really unerstood why it's a legal requirement

If you cannot work that one out what hope do we have.

TRY - Seat belt awareness course - HandCart

It's all about reducing NHS costs.

Having said that, I guess costs could be reduced even further if the law said you MUSTN'T wear a seatbelt, but you MUST have a big electrified poisoned spike in the middle of the steering wheel.

Osborne's missed a trick there..

It's all about reducing NHS costs.

Having said that, I guess costs could be reduced even further if the law said you MUSTN'T wear a seatbelt, but you MUST have a big electrified poisoned spike in the middle of the steering wheel.

Osborne's missed a trick there..

You wouldnt need a spike, in a lot of cases the impact against the screen would be enough to kill, though most that dont wear a belt dont think it will happen to them

TRY - Seat belt awareness course - leef

Although i think you would be stupid not to wear a seat belt I've never really unerstood why it's a legal requirement. If someone doesn't want to wear one then I think they shouldn't have to.

Really....... Really!!?????

TRY - Seat belt awareness course - alan1302

If people need a law to protect themselves from their own stupidity then what hope do we have?

It's legal to rock climb without a rope - surely that should be made ilegal as well to protect rock climbers?

TRY - Seat belt awareness course - csgmart

If people need a law to protect themselves from their own stupidity then what hope do we have?

It's legal to rock climb without a rope - surely that should be made ilegal as well to protect rock climbers?

I personally think that's a selfish attitude. You might not care what happens if you had an accident (your fault or not) but I'm sure your relatives and any other person who was involved in the accident would feel a whole lot better if they didn't have to see the aftermath of your head going through the windscreen and your brains on view for all to see.

I tell you what why don't we make brakes on cars optional too and mirrors and speed limits and having enough tread on your tyres and ......

I cannot see why it's a big problem but then again I've met lots of people who really can't stand being told what to do by someone else. They are typically the ones with a chip on their shoulder and a grudge against almost everyone they meet. For the record I am not saying you are one of those.

TRY - Seat belt awareness course - Cyd

ORB, can you give us a little more insight into the content of this "course"?

TRY - Seat belt awareness course - Wackyracer

Personally, I think first time everyone should get educated on why to wear one, Next time fined.

TRY - Seat belt awareness course - RobJP

Personally, I think first time everyone should get educated on why to wear one, Next time fined.

Surely the message has gotten through by now though ? I remember a few years ago, with the lads in the car/pizza on the windscreen advert, which was very attention grabbing.

Going a bit off-topic, It's like mobile phone use, I suppose. Some drivers view the rules/laws as something for other people to obey. Only last week, I saw someone driving around in a 14 plated Range Rover (so £80k plus), using a handheld phone. To me, mobile phone use (first offence) should be a 24 hour driving ban, starting immediately. Second offence, 7 day ban. Third offence, a month. If mobile usage at the wheel is a real road safety issue, then let's make the penalties reflect that, and really push people to change their behaviour.

Same for seatbelt usage, if it's really a road safety issue (I think it is, personally, as if you are belted in, you aren't moving around, so have more control of the vehicle)

TRY - Seat belt awareness course - oldroverboy.

Www.roadsafety,police.uk/

What I find more annoying is that parents allow children in the back to do as they please.

Parents not wearing a belt is bad enough,but to let young ones play about without either being in a belted seat, or a seat belt is diabolicle, but shows their ignorance

TRY - Seat belt awareness course - HandCart

>>" I remember a few years ago, with the lads in the car/pizza on the windscreen advert, which was very attention grabbing."

I remember even further back than that, with TV adverts featuring a peach getting hit with a hammer.

"Clunk-click, every trip!" was the catchphrase. Though you're not allowed to speak that phrase now.

They get educated as children by their parents before they learn to drive. They get educated by their driving instructors on the first lesson. They may well get tested in the driving test. There's no excuse for "not knowing."

TRY - Seat belt awareness course - madf

I feel unsafe not wearing seatbelts. I sold all my old cars because they could not be fitted,,

As far as mobile use is concerned, the law should make offenders suffer a lot mor inconveninece. Like confiscating their mobile. Period Complete with SIM.

The inconvenience would perhaps drive the message home to the airheads I see on mobile turning corners with one hand..