Vauxhall Corsa - Parking Eye Parking Charge Notice - Marialouise

Hi

My son has recently been added to my car insurance and two weeks ago he parked in a hotel car park to go to a local centre and didnt check the signs (easily visible when I went to check and loads of them and well lit). Parking Eye signs are everywhere stating parking is for hotel clientele only and if not you will be fined £100 and there are cameras recording activity. So, guess what we received a £100 (discounted to £60 if paid in 14 days) Parking Charge Notice. I have read loads of threads and discussions on this for people who overstayed in car parks but none for where there are signs for absolultely no parking and am not sure whether to pay up/appeal or ignore. The worst part is that my son has now told me he parked there again last weekend before the ticket came so another one is on the way!

I agree that there was adequate signage but still think the cost is excessive - he stayed there for three hours from midnight to 3am. Is it worth appealing or will i lose because he should have checked and didnt?

Also I am happy to appeal and wait and see the outcomme if i am advised to do that but want to know what the worst case scenario is if it goes to court. I have read somewhere that court costs cant be recovered from any action taken but can other costs be added to make it more than £100 if we take it the whole way? If it cant go any higher than that it may be worth appealing as excesive but the stress involved in appealing if it can go much higher wouldnt be worth it.

Thank you in anticipation :-)

Maria

Vauxhall Corsa - Parking Eye Parking Charge Notice - dieselnut

Would suggest you post your above details on the Pepipoo website.

They have experts who will give you the best information on what to do.

www.pepipoo.com/

Vauxhall Corsa - Parking Eye Parking Charge Notice - Marialouise

Thank you - I have done that now :-)

Vauxhall Corsa - Parking Eye Parking Charge Notice - Falkirk Bairn

>>fined £100

You cannot be fined by a Private Co - they have invoiced you.

Only the police & LA can issue fines.

An invoice can only be for the recovery of losses that they have suffered......compensation for losses in a almost empty car park cannot be £100 in the early hours of the morning.

Vauxhall Corsa - Parking Eye Parking Charge Notice - barnewell

How are things progressing? I have been 'fined in very similar circumstances by UKPC, I parked in a store carpark then walked off the site and recieved a ticket 1 minute after parking, I know the time because I called home just after parking, (The parking warden must have been putting the ticket on the car, literally behind my back). The car was there for less than 30 minutes in total. The ticket is for £100, reduced to £60 for payment within 14 days. I appealed and have just had a reply, which states

'There are sufficient signs within this area warning vehicle owners / drivers that should they leave their vehicle unattended without permission without using the facilitiesthat this will result in a Parking Charge being issued.'

Any help would be much appreciated

Vauxhall Corsa - Parking Eye Parking Charge Notice - RT

If you didn't use the store whose land you parked on, why do you expect it to be any different?

What would you do if someone parked in your garden and walked into the local pub ?

Vauxhall Corsa - Parking Eye Parking Charge Notice - barnewell

If you didn't use the store whose land you parked on, why do you expect it to be any different?

What would you do if someone parked in your garden and walked into the local pub ?

I live on a farm, people do park on our land, in gateways in particular, Only If they are in the way, I or my wife will ask them to move. I would not sneak up and put a parking ticket on there car demanding money as soon as there back was turned. Who would really do that RT?

Vauxhall Corsa - Parking Eye Parking Charge Notice - alan1302

I live on a farm, people do park on our land, in gateways in particular, Only If they are in the way, I or my wife will ask them to move. I would not sneak up and put a parking ticket on there car demanding money as soon as there back was turned. Who would really do that RT?

What do you do when the car is there but not the owner?

Vauxhall Corsa - Parking Eye Parking Charge Notice - daveyjp
Go to moneysavingexpert private parkingtickets forum and everything you need is there.

Alternatively parkingticketappeals.org.uk will handle your case for £16. If they don't get it cancelled they will pay the fee. They haven't had to pay out yet.