Peugeot 2008 hdi - Tank Seal - T16TWR

I removed the Fuel Sender on this car I have just bought, I completly forgot what position the seal was in! Should it be placed on top of the Tank with the Sender resting on top of it? Or dose the large rubber Seal sit inside the threaded closing ring? thanks in advance.

TWR.

Peugeot 2008 hdi - Tank Seal - elekie&a/c doctor

Ususally the rubber seal sits in the neck of the tank,then you push the sender flush into it ,then screw down the locking ring.If there is no position detent,there are often marker arrows that need to be aligned.

HI

When looking at the tank top without the sender in place, it seems as if the "Large O" seal sits there, but the "O Ring" circumfrence does not seem to tally with the sender but does with the Locking ring, although at this time there is another Issue with the Fuel Pressure valve, I just wanted to make sure this " O Seal" is correct, I can not seem to find any You Tube close up pics on this, the Haynes Manual Shows the Sender but now the location of the Seal, Thank for your input. TWR

I am sorry for my delayed reply, thank you, I have ow sorted the issue.

TWR

Peugeot 2008 hdi - Tank Seal - Railroad.
You may find you'll have to replace the seal because they tend to swell. This makes them quite difficult to re-fit.