Ford Grand Tourneo Connect - Bonnet lock handle - Steamdrivenandy

A fellow camper on this site flattened the battery on his new Tourneo by running his fridge overnight on 12V. He opened the driver's door with the key and the rear hatch, however the passenger door and the sliding doors remained electronically locked. Obviously he needed to get under the bonnet to jumpstart the car but the bonnet locking handle is built-in to the passenger doorframe and therefore inaccessible when the door is shut. Presumably this is a 'leftover' from a LHD design where that particular door would be the key lockable driver's door.

He got over the problem by plugging a power pack into the bootc12V socket which worked in reverse and provided power to unlock the passenger door. His power pack was then empty so he had to ask another camper to help start the car from my their's

Two other issues noted:

It looks impossible to remove the battery without dismantling the engine compartment

These cars look like brilliant dog wagons and tow cars, but why do they have such abysmal towing weight limits?

Ford Grand Tourneo Connect - Bonnet lock handle - gordonbennet

It's possible that there is a outside key lock present in the left door handle same place as drivers side, under a plastic clip on cover.

I presume the interior door handle wouldn't open the left hand door either and no way to manually unlock from inside, i dislike this type of door lock intently, the possibility of accident aftermath and being locked in don't bear thinking about, give me proper door locks and a manual lever or pop up lock tab anytime.