Mazda 3 - Air con recharge - balleballe

I have an 04 plate Mazda 3.

18 months ago I got an air-con recharge after noticing the air wasnt cold with the AC on. after it was recharged the chap said that there was no gas left in there!

I find myself in the same position now. How long does an AC recharge generally last? I expected more than 18 months

Mazda 3 - Air con recharge - skidpan

There are garages that simply top up the A/C system gas and there are garages that do the job properly.

Done properly the system will be checked for leaks, it leak free will have the existing gas removed and then be topped up with the correct amount of gas/oil mix.

If they find a leak the garage should fix the leak before refilling with the correct amount of gas/lubricant.

If a garage simply tops up the gas there will be insufficient lubricant which will eventually wreck the seals and probably the pump leading to gas loss and pump failure.

Which did the garage do?

Mazda 3 - Air con recharge - elekie&a/c doctor
If the system is in good order,then the gas could last indefinitely.I have a 15 year old Honda accord that has been owned since 2001,and the ac has not been touched and still works well.If the system goes down within 18 months,then there is a leak ,however finding it will need some investigation.Usually condenser or a pipe are favourites.