Volkswagen CC - Seat stuck in position - Pablo202
Morning all,

My work colleagues wife has a vw CC, 2012, I think. They both went out driving and he moved the seat back so he could drive her car. Now the seat won't move back or forward. He says he can see three pins moving when he uses the lever but nothing happens. Any ideas please.

Many thanks

Pablo
Volkswagen CC - Seat stuck in position - RobJP

If the car is a 2012 model, then it is still under warranty. Tell them to take it to a VW dealer for them to fix or replace - it will be free.

I think he asked them to take it in but they can't see it until next week. I suggested blocks on the pedals!!!!! Any ideas?
Volkswagen CC - Seat stuck in position - gordonbennet
they can't see it until next week.

Dear Lord, what a shower of incompetence and arrogance, we've got your money so uninterested till the next time we want to relieve you of £thousands, again, why do people put up with this, vote with feet.

Wonder if people stopped the payments cos they didn't have the money till next month what the dealer would have to say.

Electric seat?, putting it fully back might have blown the fuse, first thing to check.

Manual seat?, should be able to feel usual resistance when the lever is pulled, have to stick head underneath and see whats moving and what isn't, whether electric or manual he *should* be able to use a judicously placed screwdriver to operate the catch the cable should do, careful with fingers.

Thanks very much. I shall let you know what happens. Cheers.

And it's not like they paid thousands of pounds for the car........oh hang on they did.......great service....thanks a lot!!!!
This has been resolved. We got a screwdriver and pushed it down the back of the runner track. There is a small alloy stop runner which had failed and a spring had sprung! We slightly lifted the small runner and pulled the handle at the same time. This released the seat. It's a good idea to look at the other seat runner first so you know where the alloy thing is. It is meant to rock back and forth, so a screwdriver under it lifts it clear. Anyway, thanks for the screwdriver idea.

Pablo
Volkswagen CC - Seat stuck in position - gordonbennet

Thanks for the update Pablo and well done.

A task for your mate, i suggest he writes a polite letter to the dealer principal of the VW showroom of doom in question, thanking them for their customer no service and politely asking them to remove the car and customer in question from their database, permanently, along with the information that they will never have to worry about your mate having to darken their doorstep again.

There is no way on this earth that this less than useless dealer would ever see a penny of my money again, and i'd be writing to the chief general manager at VW UK Milton Keynes to inform them of the no help received at the same time, and the repercussions.

Maybe point them to this thread, which will be here for years to come for current and potential VW customers to view.