Mondeo TDCI 130 MK3 - Mondeo TDCI hesitating after fully blanking EGR - edwardwilcox1981

I have had a blanking plate with a hole in on my EGR for the last year or so, I recently found out that the car is a euro 3 which means I can use a full blanking plate without the car showing the EML light.

Last night the car was running fine until changed the blanking plate and now I have hesitation when driving/accelerating under 2500rpm, when above there is no hesitation.

The car seems faster when above 2500rpm also.

The blanking plate with a hole that was taken was dirty, now it's blanked surely it doesn't matter?

Please help!

Mondeo TDCI 130 MK3 - Mondeo TDCI hesitating after fully blanking EGR - Railroad.
The condition you are describing is not a fault. The ECU is deliberately reducing engine power to maintain the correct emission levels. It's doing this because it cannot now detect any reduction in air flow across the MAF when the EGR valve is commanded to open. It therefore assumes there is no EGR, which of course there isn't because you've blanked it off. The only way you're going to get around this is to alter the program of the ECU to expect more air flow before it opens the EGR valve. This will have the effect of opening the EGR valve less or even not at all. Blanking it and doing nothing else is not an option on a modern engine designed to meet the latest tier four emission requirements.