Ford Fusion - 1.4tdci engine injector seals - mark heer

hi, just need some advice.

ive replaced the injector seals myself , as 3 out of 4 were blowing oil/fuel out other issues were excessive fuel consumption, noise, lack of power, juderring . engine is a million times better...

no horrible smell, very quiet engine now with very smooth power delivery and noticeable power increase and being able to handle higher gears at lower speeds...

i have only one concern, that being the black/grey smoke from the exhaust which started instantly once i replaced the copper seals for the injectors.no smoke on tick over, only when the accelerate over 2000rpm approx..

does something need resetting? or battery disconnecting or something else??, as i presume their may still be excessive fuel going into the engine.

thanks in advanced

mark

Ford Fusion - 1.4tdci engine injector seals - dieselnut

Your engine has been misfiring & running inefficiently with the leaking injectors. This has probably left a lot of black soot clogging your exhaust system.

Your engine is now running well & at 2000 revs will be on full boost, so will be blowing the soot out of the exhaust.

Give it a few days & some right welly once the engine is up to temperature. The smoke should gradually subside although will probably always give a bit of black smoke on full boost.