Ford Focus ST - Ford SYNC. Phone Wont Pair - Ben 10

I've followed the instructions to pair my phone on SYNC and after connecting a few seconds it drops connection.

My phone is on the Ford list to work with it. It updates regularly. The Bluetooth is on and connects successfully. What I have read is that some older Android phones require a 4 digit pin instead of the default 6. The advice I've seen to obtain a 4 digit pin is to do the usual pairing then when the 6 digit pin displays on the screen you hit the ">>" button on the steering wheel, and this should show a 4 digit pin instead.

I've done this and all that happens is the radio changes station and the 6 digit pin remains on show.

Can anyone help who may of cracked this common problem please. SYNC is working, as my wife's phone paired successfully, though hers is newer than mine.

Ford Focus ST - Ford SYNC. Phone Wont Pair - cygnet

i know the Ford synch as my B Max has it. All my phones have paired without problem,

Try borrowing someones phone to see if that works, If so it may be your phone settings.

On one phone I had bluetooth on and the sync was talking to the phone but it wouldn't connect, the phone settings were set to "do not allow external connection" or something like that. I changed it and everything worked.

Cygnet

Ford Focus ST - Ford SYNC. Phone Wont Pair - jc2

My new Fiesta connected effortlessly-however,my daughter's,three months younger than mine had problems-she wasn't worried-her dealer contacted her so they could upgrade the SYNC software.

Ford Focus ST - Ford SYNC. Phone Wont Pair - Ben 10

Thanks Cygnet and jc2.

I have paired my wifes Android successfully. Strange thing is I can Bluetooth my music to play via SYNC, but not my phone itself. I have seen a video that shows how to reboot to factory setting, but I don't want to try this just yet until I've exhausted other avenues.

It appears you guys had no trouble setting up. I'd like to hear from anyone that had trouble like me and managed to sort it out using tried and tested methods, that will work.

Cheers.