Honda Accord i-CTDI Sport 2004 Diesel - Failure to Start - Bubay

Hi,

About a month ago, my car began taking about 10-20 seconds to start. Two days later, it totally wouldn't start. I called my local garage who had to tow the car away after they failed to start it at mine. At the end of the day, they called me back to say the EGR valve was faulty and needed replacement. I paid £900 to get a new EGR valve from Honda fitted into the car.

Thereafter, the car drove considerably smoother and the engine was quieter but it still took about 20 seconds to start. I returned to the garage and I was told the fuel pump was not generating enough pressure and needed replacement. I gave the go ahead and a new pump was fitted for £120 ( I was told this wasn't from Honda but worked well on my car model and I had also gotten the fuel filter changed less than two (2) months before all of this started).

For the next three (3) days everything seemed perfectly alright and then the next morning it just wouldn't start. I called in the garage and they got the car started using easy start. they took it back to their garage and I was then told at the end of the day that the fuel injection pump was faulty. I have been given a bill of £1,100 to have that replaced.

Now, I doubt they know what they are doing. Do you please have any suggestion as to what might be the possible problem and how to resolve it?

Thank you for reading.

Bubay

Honda Accord i-CTDI Sport 2004 Diesel - Failure to Start - skidpan

So they replaced the fuel pump for £120 and now want another £1100 to replace the fuel pump.

Looks like they are slowly replacing every part at your expense.

Take it somewhere that knows what they are doing.