peugeot 306 1994 t/d - smoke - 56512

how do you weaken pump so that it is not smoking so much have back pump timing of it is better but still a bit to much starts very well from cold no smoke and runs smoth straight from start but smokes a lot when on throttle it is diesel not oil and black

peugeot 306 1994 t/d - smoke - skidpan

Finest piece of English I have read (or tried to read) for many a year.

peugeot 306 1994 t/d - smoke - madf

I do not reply to textspeak or unpunctuated posts on the grounds that if the poster can not be bothered to try, I will be ###### if I am going to help.

Not very helpful but God (and I) help those who help themselves.

peugeot 306 1994 t/d - smoke - unthrottled

The most helpful advice I can offer is not to try to fiddle with those pumps unless you know what you're doing. It's not like a distributer on a petrol car where you slacken it off and wiggle it around until it sounds about right. A couple of degrees can make a big difference on those engines.

peugeot 306 1994 t/d - smoke - Avant

We don't normally make a big issue about correct English on this forum, but in this case I do agree with the comments above.

We'd like to help, 56512, but there's no point in my moving this to Technical as I normally would, as I think it would defeat most people who kindly offer advice. You do need at least to make yourself clear, particularly as your E-mail address suggests that English is your first language.

Edited by Avant on 13/08/2013 at 23:48