Seat - Temporary Car Insurance - maca1

Hi

I have just bought a second hand car and so cancelled the insurance on my old car and used no claims etc on the new one. I need to sell my old car and thought, incorrectly, that as I am insured to drive other cars (third party basis) via my main insurance, I could use this to do test drives for my old one. I checked the gov website and realise that, unless a car is permanently off the road, it has to be insured. I have just been looking at temporary insurance i.e for a couple of weeks whilst I try and sell the car but realise that it is almost as expensive as a policy for a whole year,. I can't imagine I am the only one who has this sort of problem and feel like I may be making this more complicated than needed.

Can anyone help me through this mine field? Am I right in thinking I need to take some temporary insurance whilst selling?

Thanks

Seat - Temporary Car Insurance - jc2

Most insurance companiies will offer cover on both cars until you sell one-many for no charge;phone them.

Thank you - I'll try first thing tomorrow.

Seat - Temporary Car Insurance - martint123

Direct Line gave me cover for a month on my old car when I got a new one. (some years ago now though, things may have changed).

Thank you, i'll give them a try as my existing insurer for the new car does not want to know!