lamborghini gallardo spider - Dont trust Zurich with your prized possession - hookster66

Dear All

So, a 3 year on-going claim with Zurich after the theft of my Lamborghini, Zurich claimed that because
I had bought the car as a company vehicle, through a company I control, and applied for the insurance the insurance personally,ie not company car insurance, then Zurich could claim that I had no insurable interest in the car and so they did not have to settle my claim for £170,000.

Nasty and grossly unfair..and the Financial Ombudsman found in my favour...that I do have an insurable interest, and hence a valid claim...so thats the three years to date... This isnt what Zurich anticipated clearly... now Zurich have written to me,in no uncertain terms, stating that my claim is fraudulent and that I am a criminal conspirator involved in deceiving their insurance company for the money. The car was found to have been a cloned car, made 'genuine' by the DVLA ,who registered the car, the criminals managing to do this through the use of correct looking though non-genuine documents. With these the car was then bought by an established independent supercar dealer in the south..and I bought it.It would not be a huge leap to believe that the car was then stolen by the people that cloned the car.

That a so-called giant of the insurance world is prepared to make unfounded allegations and treat their insured in such a way is disgraceful. To their further shame, they have now decided to cancel the policy and wipe their hands of the matter. I dont think so
Zurich, Back to the Financial Ombudsmen Service we go.

And time to breathe the oxygen of publicity onto your behaviour.

So if you are considering handing your insurance premium over in the expectation of a trouble free claim in the event of something dreadful occurring...in the light of my experience,maybe think more carefully about who you would insure with.