Clutch vibration - mscott
When I fully depress the clutch pedal (of my '92 BMW 518, hydraulic clutch) I get a buzz like vibration which can be heard (slightly) and felt through the pedal. The clutch doesn't slip and there are no gear selection problems. Can anyone tell me if this indicates a problem around the corner?

Thanks
Clutch vibration - Mikey Jay
The most likely cause is a worn clutch release bearing. They can make a wheezing sound when you press the clutch pedal. This condition is sometimes the result of having the clutch changed by a mechanic who can't be bothered to change this bearing. I may be wrong, but I suspect they may keep the new bearing and use it in another vehicle, perhaps when doing private work. If you keep your car and subsequently have a new clutch and take it into a backstreet garage, the same thing could easily happen again. If you value your car and if it's residuals are high, I would go to a main dealer to have this work done. Not all garages are bad of course, but you can't argue with slimey toads in small garages, unless you go to trading standards pdq. Then the onus is on you to prove that their workmanship is faulty. I had the clutch on my car changed twice by small garages and they didn't change the bearing. They didn't charge me main dealer prices of course, so in a way I invited this situation.However,provided the bearing isn't screeching like a strangled cat, it will probably last indefinitely. Kind regards,Mike.
Clutch vibration - lauriew
Agree with Mickey Jay.
It could also be the spigot bearing in the flywheel.