Cheap car insurance to sell a car?? - dac1

Hi all,
I have just received a letter from the DVLA informing me a penalty will be issued if I do not SORN my car. I bought a new (2nd hand) car a month ago and have kept my old car on the driveway taxed and MOT'd but with no insurance. I have been informed I need car nsurance as well - I wasn't aware of this.

So my question is - does anyone know of any Car Insurace company that will insure my car (Vauxhall Corsa 1.3 - 8 yrs old) on the cheap bearing in mind I will NOT be driving it at all? I hope to sell it in the next month or so. I have seen companies suggesting £60 for 1 week, my insurance was only £200 for a whole year - remember it will not be driven it is only so I can keep the tax so to make it easier to sell it.

Thanks in advance.

Cheap car insurance to sell a car?? - Ethan Edwards

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-insurance/uninsured-vehicles

Your a bit confused.

Your choices are

1/ declare is SORN'd to the DVLA and you won't have to Insure it. Plus I'd cash in the tax disc while your at it. You sell a car not the disc.

OR

2/ Get it insured as well.

If you take option 1 you cannot run it on the road eg a test drive for the buyer.

HTH.

Cheap car insurance to sell a car?? - bathtub tom

I was recently in the same position, except the car wasn't taxed either.

I taxed and insured it on the basis that any prospective buyer would want a test drive. It was a selling point that it was already taxed and I just had to take the £50 administration charge from the insurance company for cancelling the policy after I sold it.

Cheap car insurance to sell a car?? - Cyd

Some companies sell short term insurance, eg for a week or month. Might work out cheaper than taking a hit with a cancelation charge. Check out moneysavingexpert.com section on car insurance.