Thank you Lakeside VW at Stoke - Halmer
For treating me and my car how would like to be treated by all VW dealers.
Thank you Lakeside VW at Stoke - blank
Go on!! What did they do?
Thank you Lakeside VW at Stoke - flatfour
Unlike other VW garages they must have left his car in the service bay untouched all day, because if they had attempted anything else it would have been returned with bits falling off.

A main dealer tried to set fire to mine, failed, then returned it with burnt seats, carpets and door trim, it was only 6 weeks old, but hey, their best technician had been working on it,
Yes it did go in for a new suspension arm! oh, isn't that under the car.
Thank you Lakeside VW at Stoke - Ian D
See my post titled 'Naughty VW dealer' for the other side of the coin!
Thank you Lakeside VW at Stoke - pdc {P}
I belive that some of the staff from Rycliff went over there when they became Audi only. In the 5 years I used them I never had cause for complaint, only praise. So much so, that when I moved to Manchester I continued to get services and work done back in Stoke.

Have had nothing but poor service from the dealers I have since tried in Manchester. Guess I should give Lakeside a try then.
Thank you Lakeside VW at Stoke - Halmer
They have done some warranty work and admittedly I have found out since posting that it still isn't totally right but the general impression is that it is owned by a (very rich) individual which may hopefully make them a bit more responsive to customer needs.

Having said that they haven't got much to improve on based on my previous experiences of VW dealers.

Wouldn't you rather swap the free coffee, free wash and vac, glorious building etc. tho' for an oily competent mechanic working in an old shed!
Thank you Lakeside VW at Stoke - Rob the Bus {P}
I don't know about other Backroomers, but I'd far rather trust any vehicle of mine to an oily competent bloke in a shed who's been there for 40 years than to some flash-Harry workshop that have to charge exhorbitant rates for shoddy service simply to pay the rent.

Nearly all the work on my cars in recent times has been carried out on someone's drive by a trusted mechanic friend and/or relative - never has a job been bodged, never have I been charged for unnecessary work and never have I been presented with a bill the size of a third world country's national debt. Any labour charges that were incurred were settled with a bottle of Southern Comfort - isn't bartering wonderful!

Cheers

Rob
I did categorically NOT press the "Post this message" button twice - honest! Is it the gremlins again?
Thank you Lakeside VW at Stoke - Mark (RLBS)
Rob,

Can you please be more careful, you pressed the "Post this message" button twice.

Thank you.

Mark ;-)
Thank you Lakeside VW at Stoke - Hugo {P}
Rob

...an oily competent bloke in a shed who's been there for 40 years...

Just imagine the smell! :)

Hugo
He must keep getting his beard caught in the radiator fan too! ;-)