New Car Discount.com - any views? - NWS
Been quoted a very good price for both new supply of a UK sourced Focus and part ex price for a Fiesta by this broker. Anyone had any dealings?
New Car Discount.com - any views? - DavidHM
Don't know about this particular broker, but in general

1. Pay your deposit by credit card
2. Pay everything else through the supplying dealer

The website (newcardiscount.com?) was down, by the way.

Incidentally, what model is the car you're interested in, and how much did it cost? What year, model and mileage is your Fiesta and how much did they offer?

My parents have just gone from a '98 Fiesta to a new Focus and they think it's the best £7200 (to change) they've ever spent. They went to www.pwmillar.co.uk who have some excellent deals, as do www.otleymotors.co.uk whom I have no personal experience from.
New Car Discount.com - any views? - Mark (RLBS)
Wrong URL David.

I think its this one -

www.new-car-discount.com/
That's the one Mark.
They've quoted £15,224 for a new UK sourced Focus TDCI Ghia with the styling pack and versatility pack which I buy from the dealer. They have offered us £3k for our June 99 Fiesta 1.25LX (Zetec)5 dr with 32,250 on the clock. The Ford delaer offered us £2.8k for the Fiesta and started at something over £17k for the Focus.
It looks very good, but is it too good? Drive the deal.com as recommended here had a price for the Focus about £200 more, but they don't do part ex.
New Car Discount are quite close to where we live so I'm going to check em out with trading standards but any info welcome.
Otley Motors have the car for £12,595 plus the styling and versatility packs, so probably about £14k all in. They're a Ford dealer too, so should offer you a decent-ish part ex as they'd be able to retail that very easily for £4k. They also do 0% finance on every car, at least according to their website, although I don't know over what term.

This isn't a recommendation as I've never used the company, but I would consider them very seriously if I was in the market for a new Ford.

As even Ford Journey wants £15,495 for the car (without the versatility pack) I suggest you need to either haggle harder or find a better local dealer. They're not *that* far away from you either.
Actually, you can't have the styling and the versatility pack according to the Ford website. The versatility pack is only available with midnight black fabric trim, whereas the styling pack includes leather IIRC.
Nice one David HM, nice one!
Post script to above - the prices on Otley Ford's site are only for cars they have on their forecourt (which don't fit our wants) - close, but no cigar!
Thanks for the info though.
I emailed N-C-D.com about their small print and thay said that their contract is a standard SMMT one and faxed it to me -also local trading standards have never had a complaint about them, so looks encouraging
New Car Discount.com - any views? - slbman
NWS,

I too have been looking into purchasing a car from N-C-D.com.

Did you end up buying from them and if so what was your experience?
New Car Discount.com - any views? - watford red

slbman - did you go thru with it in the end? be interested to hear how you got on..

cheers
New Car Discount.com - any views? - Sparky
Hi All,

I recently bought a pre-reg clio 172 from NewCarDiscount.com and initially was very sceptical about the price and the part exchange value quoted and the fact it was a new start-up company. However after prompting, they did provide me with a contact name of someone else who had pruchased from them a couple of months before me, he worked for the same company as me and assured me that all went well with him.

Anyway I got Dave at NCD.com to personally confirm my PX price (this is how sceptical I was) by driving to romily where they are based (I live nearby) to show them the car, with the ulterior motive of meeting him face-to-face and checking the location of theor premises etc.

I proceeded with the purchase (still a little sceptical) and apart from some delay in delivery as I ordered it just before Bank Holiday Weekend, of which NCD kept me informed very well I recieved the car within 3 weeks of ordering, driven to my door at a time I agreed with them and they took my old car away.

All in all a very pleasant experience, and if they continue to price things as keenly and treat everyone as well as they treated me, even with my openly sceptical attitude, then I would recommend purchasing a car from them..
New Car Discount.com - any views? - slbman
Not yet watford red although they were on the ball with a subsequent quote for a Toyota Avensis. I'm holding on for a little while to see if I can pick up a nearly new one for an even bigger discount on retail. If this does not come off then I'll be going back to NCD as their prices have yet to be beaten based on all the research I have been doing. Good luck with the Clio.
help please - new car discount.com - watford red
Hi there, first time on this forum..

Does anyone have any experience of new car discount.com that they'd be willing to share?

I've had a great price from them for a clio 172, and although a lousy trade-in value on my old car i'm thinking of going for it, just wondered what others views were.

Questions i have would be..
1. Do they stick to the delivery times? What come back do i have if the 3 weeks turns into 3 months..?
2. What happens if it turns up and theres something wrong? Do faults get sorted out by them or by renault (it comes with 3yr renault warranty).

All help appreciated

Nick
help please - new car discount.com - Nsar
Try a search - there have been at least 2 threads on this company
help please - new car discount.com - Sparky
I just posted a reply on another thread,I bought a 172 from these a month or so ago..
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?f=2&t=11...1
help please - new car discount.com - MS
I bought a Peugeot 307sw from new-car-discount.com

No problems whatsoever :-)

The car was delivered on time and to spec.

I checked the car thoroughly when it arrived and there we no faults.

Warranty faults would be sorted out by an appropiate dealer.

I would recomend them.

BR
Michael
help please - new car discount.com - volvoman
Whilst I am making no reference to this company and, do be aware of the fact that there have apparently been recent 'failures' in the marketplace and some people have lost deposits. Rising prices have been an issue too with some customers suddenly being advised of large increases out of the blue. Whoever you choose to deal with, I would check everything out very carefully and certainly pay any deposit by credit card in order to gain some additional consumer protection in the event that the supplier failed.
help please - new car discount.com - watford red

thx all for the replies - going into renault tonight to see what they can do about their list price - certainly encouraging to hear others have had positive experiences with NCD though.

cheers

nick
help please - new car discount.com - MS
I tried my local Peugeot dealer who managed a 4% discount.

new-car-discount.com gave 17% discount for a UK Peugeot dealer sourced car.

BR
Michael
help please - new car discount.com - Al B

I just phoned them.. its seems the only catch is that you become the second keeper. So do I take 19% discount or 10% dealer dicsount on those grounds.....

help please - new car discount.com - quizman

Is this a special 10 year anniversary post?

help please - new car discount.com - Collos25

If it takes ten years to decide whether or not to buy a car I hate to be waiting for an important decision or perhaps they have been waiting for a better discount on a 2003 fiesta.