2003 1.2 Oil dipstick - ljjt
Petrol, Expression model- This may sound stupid but is it common for these particular vehicles to have no oil dipstick? It says in the vehicle guide to check the oil either rely on what the onboard dash reading says, or check using the dipstick. I dont trust these dash board lights etc so would like to double check using the dip stick. But where there should be the "ring pull" to lift out the stick there is just a plastic sphere that seems to be a whole plastic unit, stuck fast in to area where the dipstick should be. I have messed about with it thinking it is a screw in or something but having no joy. Am I being stupid here or did they make some of these without a dipstick?? Hel[ would be appreciated!
2003 1.2 Oil dipstick - Rattle
They do have a dipstick, but it is a horrible plastic thing that dosn't seem to work properly.
2003 1.2 Oil dipstick - Andrew-T
Don't know about the 2003 Clio engines, but the 2000 1.6 had a short dipstick with a yellow top low on the front of the block, just behind the number plate. Awkward to get at, but not quite impossible. Doesn't your manual have a sketch map somewhere?

Edited by Andrew-T on 18/11/2008 at 14:49

2003 1.2 Oil dipstick - ljjt
Yeah I have found where it is or where it should be. But it just seems to be a solid lump of plastic. There is no ring pull or any screw mechanism to release the dipstick. I think I will just have to keep persevering maybe? Thanks for the replys
2003 1.2 Oil dipstick - Rattle
From memory it should have a yellow cap and yep it was a bit hard to remove. It is all in the manual btw.