Seat Leon, central locking actuator prob - plinth
Car is a W reg Seat Leon TDI SE

Sometimes (usually more often than not) when I press the lock button on the driver door panel all the doors lock (as they're supposed to), but then almost immediately after, the passenger door lock pops back up.

I also have a problem locking externally use the remote, when I press the lock button its supposed to lock all doors (and boot), then flash the indicators as a sign of success. Sometimes it locks the doors but the lights don't flash (the passenger door IS locked unlike when locking from the inside), if I press again nothing happens but I can hear a noise in the passenger door, press once more and the lights flash.

The SEAT dealer say its a problem with the passenger door lock actuator (sounds fair) "sensing a mislock" and therefore popping the lock back up. Their solution is to replace the actuator for upward of £150.

Are there any alternatives to this? If I do need to get it done, should I stick with the SEAT dealer or try to find a cheaper deal elsewhere (if so where?). How much hassle is it to get the door trim off and have a look myself?
Seat Leon, central locking actuator prob - mare
Hi, found this on forum search using "Passat Door Lock"

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=23456

May or may not help. You could try searching the forum using Golf, Octavia, A4 in case these come up, on the basis that the bits are the same.
Seat Leon, central locking actuator prob - plinth
You're not wrong!

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=23916&...f
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=20242&...f
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=25406&...f

All describe the exact problem I'm suffering, clearly its a fairly common problem for VAG cars of this age.

Unfortunately the only post that offered some advice on how you might be able to fix it was this one:
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=14073&...f

"All it will be is a loose connection to the passenger door lock solenoid.
The door opening and closing pulls the wiring loom next to the hinge end of the door.
Pull back the black rubber tubing from the door. Feel about inside for the thick power cable and get someone to operate the master lock on the drivers door for you.
Problem usually clears just by manoevring the wires but in bad cases there may be a break in the wire which needs the panel off to relocate and rejoin."

That doesn't seem quite right though, surely the door wouldn't lock at all if there was a problem with the solenoid?

Ah well, I'll give it a go and see how I get on.