VW Polo 2018 95 PS - Front bumper replacement - Leif

I have a VW Polo 2018 model, silver paint, with damage to the front bumper. I’d like to get it replaced. Firstly are pattern bumpers okay, and any that are to be avoided? I see a lot on eBay and elsewhere. Secondly, what sort of price should I expect to pay? I know I can get quotes, but it’d be nice to know if they are reasonable, or I should shop around more.

I could have a local bodyshop do it all, or buy the bumper myself, pay them to spray it, then pay a very good local indie garage to fit it.

The local chap did some work on my suspension recently and fixed an oil leak without charge. I had seen some oil on my drive, so that was kosher. And a year back the VW garage said the rear brakes needed replacing, he took it in, didn’t change them, said they had more than 50% left. He just did the front brakes. The VW garage often claims work is needed when it isn’t.

Edited by Leif on 31/03/2024 at 14:44

VW Polo 2018 95 PS - Front bumper replacement - skidpan

I could have a local bodyshop do it all, or buy the bumper myself, pay them to spray it, then pay a very good local indie garage to fit it.

Don't for pities sake do the 2nd of those.

If any of the 3 parties involved causes an issue eg the bumper you supply is a poor fit so after paying the body shop to spray it you only then find that the local garage cannot actually fit it. Who will be footing the bill and have a new bumper adorning the garage wall, one guess.

If you cannot afford to do it properly don't bother with it.

VW Polo 2018 95 PS - Front bumper replacement - Adampr

If you know a body shop that you trust to spray a new bumper, just take the car.to them and ask them to fix it. Buying parts to give to someone else to fit is normally a false economy.

Looks like I will be doing this. Thanks.

Fair point. I did consider fitting it myself, but my local mechanic says it’s tricky, and I trust him. Thanks.

Edited by Leif on 01/04/2024 at 10:39