Mazda 3 - tricky yellow box - johnmazda

I take this route every Sunday pretty much but on this occasion I got a little stuck here - www.google.com/maps/@51.4291621,-0.1314333,3a,75y,...u

As you can see from the lights facing out most cars bend towards the right and into that furthermost lane alongside the street. It can get very busy here as you can imagine and occasionally cars do get stuck in the boxes which then blocks traffic coming from the right.

Anyway, I got stuck within the first yellow box earlier today but only for say 5 seconds, how likely will it be that I get a ticket? I did have my right signal on and also there was a line of cars doing the same so quite congested although some cars were half in the box and so on.

If you look at this picture you'll see many cars already caught in the box - London, England

maps.app.goo.gl/c9E7oKR8Nm69QV4L7

Mazda 3 - tricky yellow box - bathtub tom

I thought it was OK to stop in a box if turning right?

I thought it was OK to stop in a box if turning right?

That's what I'm not sure about, does this count as a right turn though?

Mazda 3 - tricky yellow box - Adampr

You can enter a box as long as your exit is clear. If traffic was backed up to the exit, you can't enter the box. If the only thing stopping you is oncoming traffic it's fine.

You can enter a box as long as your exit is clear. If traffic was backed up to the exit, you can't enter the box. If the only thing stopping you is oncoming traffic it's fine.

Thanks for the reply. Ok so in my example and OP, would I be in violation then? I went into the road as it bends to the right, with my right signal on thinking that traffic would flow quickly as it always has done, I've never had to wait...until yesterday. Cars in front of me stopped so when I did I ended up in the second box I believe you see in the picture, only for 5 seconds or so.

Mazda 3 - tricky yellow box - Gibbo_Wirral

In the second picture the oncoming bus would be preventing from getting past due to the white & black vans and the black SUV.

Going the other way the black and blue SUVs would prevent cars from using lane 2 if they can't proceed.

Tickets for all!