Mazda 3 - new 20 zones everywhere! - johnmazda

Literally everywhere in Southwark (London) is now a 20mph zone! Literally last week, they were all 30s.

I'm assuming this is now permanent feature and will be the case in every other borough, soon enough. Khan's war on motorists continues despite Mark Harper and Sunak being pro-car, apparently...

Mazda 3 - new 20 zones everywhere! - Bromptonaut

Literally everywhere in Southwark (London) is now a 20mph zone! Literally last week, they were all 30s.

I'm assuming this is now permanent feature and will be the case in every other borough, soon enough. Khan's war on motorists continues despite Mark Harper and Sunak being pro-car, apparently...

John,

Several London Boroughs have gone for 20 in place of 30 as the default on street lit roads that would have been 30. Ealing have too I think. While 20 feels slow I suspect point to point times are not increased by anything close to what simple arithmetic would have us believe. Not convinced that the local high street near my daughter's place in NE Wales isn't actually moving better at 20.

As to Sadiq Khan I'm not saying the Mayor would not approve but he has no remit over what the Boroughs do on their own patch.

Neither do Sunak or Harper; your 'apparently' catches the irony perfectly.

They're both utterly cynical opportunists trying to use this as a 'wedge' issue.

Edited by Bromptonaut on 16/10/2023 at 16:52