VAPING - sammy1

Why Australia decided to quit its vaping habit - BBC News

Is this the most disgusting product ever introduced to the human race other than fags. It is ruining lives including young children all in the name of making money. Gov should never have allowed it let alone making it available on the NHS to some. Just the smell as you walk past people Vaping makes me want to throw up.

VAPING - Bromptonaut

Somehow*, something which was intended as a tool to wean people off tobacco via something less harmful has become massively fashionable and prevalent amongst teenagers. Far more so than the smokers club under the mill wall was 50years ago when I was that age.

If basic vapes to give a dose of nicotine were provided on an NHS prescription, in the same way as patches, then I would have thought that reasonable. That's a very different thing to the child friendly flavours we smell on the street about which I agree with you.

*As you say profit is the motive but hey we're Capitalist; profit is good,

VAPING - Andrew-T

It's nothing more than advertisers / profiteers telling people (mainly youngsters) Here's something you can get addicted to which won't do you any harm!

Not surprising it sells so well, if it makes you look a bit cool.

VAPING - Bolt

if it makes you look a bit cool.

Looks odd in some cars as drivers that use them make a large puff and the car disappears in smoke then it drifts over your car if the wind is in the wrong direction, I think I preferred it when people smoked fags, there was less smoke around

Odd how fads change and not for the better imo as more use Vapes than smoke cigarettes in cars anyway.....

VAPING - Engineer Andy

It's nothing more than advertisers / profiteers telling people (mainly youngsters) Here's something you can get addicted to which won't do you any harm!

Problem is that there appears to be growing evidence (admitedly I'm only going from memory of newspaper reports from [I think] 2020-22) that vaping isn't as 'safe' as the manufacturers would like users to believe. Safer than cigarette smoking, probably, but (completely) safe - IMHO, unlikely.

VAPING - Adampr

Problem is that there appears to be growing evidence (admitedly I'm only going from memory of newspaper reports from [I think] 2020-22) that vaping isn't as 'safe' as the manufacturers would like users to believe. Safer than cigarette smoking, probably, but (completely) safe - IMHO, unlikely.

There were reports last week about disposable 'highlighter vapes' having crazy amounts of heavy metals in them. I know a lot of people that switched from cigarettes to vapes because it's 'just vapour' and perfectly safe. I just stopped smoking.

Pretty handy if you want to pretend you're on Stars In Their Eyes, though.

VAPING - alan1302

There were reports last week about disposable 'highlighter vapes' having crazy amounts of heavy metals in them. I know a lot of people that switched from cigarettes to vapes because it's 'just vapour' and perfectly safe. I just stopped smoking.

Pretty handy if you want to pretend you're on Stars In Their Eyes, though.

Tonight Mathew, I'm going to be...

VAPING - Vroom78

Apparently the other thing is a lot of these Vaping companies are getting taken over by people who used to run Tobacco companies, so its like they found a way to transition to one harmful thing to another. I used to smoke for years and it took me ages to see the light, there will be a whole new generation in the same position in another 10 years.