BMW 1 Series Coupe 2018 - Previous Owners Discrepancy - Wendy Nugent

March 2021 we purchased a used BMW from a main dealer. Sales guy told us the car had 2 previous owners (we would be third). Verified this with a copy of a HPI document which shows mileage and number of previous owners. Virtual tour of car done before purchase and all transactions done over the phone due to Covid restrictions. Fully service history provided too. Yesterday, 4 June, after chasing the dealership many times, we finally received the V5C document . This shows that the car actually has 3 previous owners (we are fourth) They lied. Been in contact with them and they have offered a full refund on the car, however, we part ex'd our car so I doubt if that is still available for return. Also we like the car, but don't appreciate being lied to.

Where can I go with this for legal advise because I feel that they have mislead us and now want the car back to close down this matter. I have documents proving all of this information.

BMW 1 Series Coupe 2018 - Previous Owners Discrepancy - elekie&a/c doctor
2 previous owners to the one which was documented on the v5 . So yes, that would make you the fourth owner . Loads of people make this mistake.
BMW 1 Series Coupe 2018 - Previous Owners Discrepancy - FP

As far as I can see, if the OP doesn't want to give the car back for a full refund the only course of action would be to claim a partial refund on the basis that the car should have been priced lower. Simply arguing that they "don't appreciate being lied to" is not a basis for anything except venting their annoyance.

How it would be possible to quantify the difference in value I have no idea. I'm thinking it would not be much.

Part of me says move on and forget it. If the dealer offers some money, even if only a small amount, I would take it.

BMW 1 Series Coupe 2018 - Previous Owners Discrepancy - sammy1

As above probably just an honest mistake. If you are happy with the car and its service history which is the main thing why not come to a compromise such as the next service free/

They have offered you your money back but might well make a charge for the miles you have driven! Annoying but move on