Windshield replacement - lebikemp2

Hello all. I had my windshield replaced today. Right after I had it replaced I had to drive back into town on the freeway going 75 mph. Could I have done something to harm the windshield or the way it will dry? Thanks in advance!

Windshield replacement - Andrew-T

Did the fitters suggest that you should take any special care? I don't think you need worry.

Windshield replacement - galileo

Hello all. I had my windshield replaced today. Right after I had it replaced I had to drive back into town on the freeway going 75 mph. Could I have done something to harm the windshield or the way it will dry? Thanks in advance!

Freeway and windshield suggests you are in the USA. Make and model of the car would tell what kind of bonding would be used.

Windshield replacement - gordonbennet

Usually bomded screens have to stand for several hours or preferably overnight to set, the fitters should have advised you.

If you've ignored their advice don't be surpised if the screen leaks.

Windshield replacement - Bolt

Only ever known a couple to fail, the bonding opens in very small areas and causes a wind noise to occur, but too small for a leak

they usually recommend 1 hour standing so it can harden enough not to separate from screen or metal surround, should be ok after that. depends on bonding used?