Let us know what life is like with YOUR CAR And you could win one of three ipads | No thanks

Overheating indicator showing on a Xsara
I have problem with fan in my Xsara. Computer test shows that there is a radiator fan problem but the fan is working fine.

It starts at 92C but at the same time STOP indicator comes up. I replaced thermostat and temp sensor but it didn't help. What can cause it?

Asked on 2 January 2012 by arturo720

I would have said faulty engine temp sensor/sender switch, but you say you replaced that? Could you have missed off a wire? Is it properly earthed?