Is your local garage worth shouting about? We want to hear about it. | No thanks

2001 Citroen C5 2.2 Anti Pollution Fault
I have a Citroen C5 and I was driving home the other night and the engine restricted to low Revs and it said on the display "Anti Pollution Fault."

Now it was a very bad night and water did splash around the engine and the lights dimmed shortly before this happened. How can this be fixed as the car is in LIMP HOME MODE?

Asked on 29 December 2011 by bellew123

The Diesel Particulate Filter is blocked, and may need replacing. When the C5 was launched it was one of the first cars with a DPF and Citroen did give it a 'life' of about 6 years.