Picking your next car? Our unique Car Chooser is here to help... | No thanks

Punitive parking charge
My daughter has been given a ticket for overstaying by 6 minutes in a car park in Exeter "policed" by Premier Parking solutions. It is for £100 reduced to £75 if paid within 7 days.

Personally I believe either sum is punitive and suspect if she offers - say - £40 then they may well drop the matter. Do you agree?

Asked on 5 October 2011 by maddog23

There is now a British Parking Association trial appeals procedure: www.parkingforum.co.uk/adjudication_pilot / BPA states, “This pilot is designed to test the principles behind formalising such a service and may form the basis of a statutory appeals service when the Government legislates to introduce one.”