Introducing our new Real MPG iPhone app: Find out more | No thanks

Buying a used Ford Galaxy from Addison Lee
I am interested in buying one of the Addison Lee Ford Galaxy 2.0 TDCI 6-speed automatics that the cab firm disposes of at 3 years old. However, i am wary of how much mileage these cars have done in such a short period of time? Do you think this is a problem and what should i be looking out for to make sure this car represents good value for money and won't need to be replaced soon?

Asked on 14 July 2011 by BlimpNo6

It's far better for a car to cover a huge mileage in a short time than it is to cover a very low mileage over a loing time. But obviously look for any signs of wear. They're automatic, so no dual mass flywheel problems. But diesel particulate filters and timing belts will be close to the end of their lives.