Win Owner Review of the month and £50 Amazon vouchers Full details on how to enter here | No thanks

Meriva Wife of Windsor
My Meriva (petrol) has been sitting under snow and ice for nearly a month, whilst I have been in hospital. I can't drive until February 4th. Should I start it and let the engine run, or wait for my son to drive it round in a week's time?

Asked on 27 March 2010 by M.D., Windsor

No. Unless there is something wrong with it, it will start. My FIAT 500 was in the same state for 40 days right through the Christmas and New Year 'Global Cooling', yet it started first time and ran perfectly once I braked the surface rust off the discs.