Is your local garage worth shouting about? We want to hear about it. | No thanks

Left in the lurch?
I have discussed sale of my LHD BMW 530d auto with The Left Hand Drive Place and have arranged a suitable sale price. A gentleman is flying to Glasgow airport to check that everything is in order, and will hand over a cheque, then drive back to Basingstoke with relevant documents, leaving me with the cheque. Everything seems above board, and when I expressed concern over a cheque being the method of transaction, he said that they were reputable and had been recommended for LHD car sales by your weekly column. Can I ask whether you know of this dealership?

Asked on 27 March 2010 by J.T., via e-mail

I can confirm that the left hand drive place, Daneshill, Basingstoke is
genuine. I’ve had occasional contact with them for 18 years. But you can check them out yourself at the website: www.lhdplace.co.uk