10 Things Vitara

How To Drive Native Copy1

California Native

GGG SE Copy (2)

Dash Cam Comp1

GGG SE Copy (1)

Deals Of The Week

Native Subscribe5

Mot Files

Cfs Native

Native Subscribe5

Real Mpg Native

Windscreen washers
I live in the country and iced-up windscreens and frozen washer jets are a problem most winters, not just this one.

Do you have a solution to the problem of windscreen washer jets/supply pipes icing up, even with 50% washer fluid? And are there any after-market ways of getting a heated windscreen fitted?

I remember there used to be a tiny 12v heater blanket that could be wrapped round the supply pipe just below the jet, but I haven't seen this anywhere recently.

My last Land Rover had a heated windscreen but this was not an option on my current model (a Defender).

Asked on 22 December 2010 by AJR

There used to be a thing called Hot Wash that clamped the washer pipes snugly next to the coolant pipes but I haven't seen it for a long time. Electrically heated washer jets are an option on some cars, but are very prone to causing battery leakdowns.