What is life like with your car? Let us know and win one of three ipads | No thanks

Mixing Summer and All Season Tyres
I know that one is not supposed to mix summer and winter tyres. But how about summer and all season ones? I have a Citroen Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDI (excellent car by the way) with nearly new Continental EcoContact 3 on the rear and about half worn Firestone FZ300 on the front and these will be up for replacement next. Can I safely put Vredestein Quatrac 3 tyres or similar on just the front?

Asked on 17 December 2010 by simonhickie

No. Don't mix them. All weather on all wheels or not at all.