What is life like with your car? Let us know and win one of three ipads | No thanks

Snow tyre useage
Rather than buy extra wheels for snow tyres or have a garage changing them over every season what do think to this idea:

On a FWD car have the winter tyres on front in winter (as is normal) but in summer put them on the rear and put the rear normal ones on the front, this saves buying extra wheels or changing the tyres over.

As our car is a Nissan Almera it is very light on its rear tyres and I don’t foresee it wearing out the snow tyres during the summer.

Asked on 15 December 2010 by DRC406

Total no-no because that will severely destabilise the car. Won't be very noticeable on an Almera until you get into a terminal skid.