Can I use a battery conditioning charger through a 12v socket in my car?

Can I use a battery conditioning charger (I think that’s the term) through a 12v socket in my car’s cabin? Obviously not one wired through the ignition switch.

We'd use a C-TEK trickle charger like the MXS 5.0 12v that we've reviewed, they do other models for different sized engines too: kit.honestjohn.co.uk/reviews/review-ctek-battery-c.../

As for the 12v charging, you can buy a Cigarette Lighter Charger Adapter from C-TEK on Amazon: www.amazon.co.uk/CTEK-CTE-56263-Cigarette-Lighter-...1

If you scroll down to the reviews on the battery charger Amazon page and select reviews that mention 'cigarette lighter', you can see examples of people who have charged their car's battery using the 12v adaptor too.