Xedos 6 - steveb
A neighbour a few doors away has his Mazda Xedos 6 up for sale. On an R plate for £4,250, unknown mileage but looks in good condition. The issue is that on the notice in the window, along with phone no. etc is that it's a 2.5 auto V6. Looking at the Car-by-car on the left, there's no reference to a 2.5, only a 2.0l or 1.6.

Is the owner mistaken (some mistake) ? or is it an import perhaps ?

Cheers,

Steve
Xedos 6 - Sheepy-by-the-Sea
Are you sure it's not a Xedos 9? Looks a bit like a Xedos 6, but can come with a 2.5 V6.

The same 2.5 engine is (I believe) also used in some 626s and the MX-6.
Xedos 6 - steveb
Just nipping out to check ...
Xedos 6 - steveb
erm... its a 9 !

Well done.

Steve
I'd love one!
Xedos 6 - steveb
If you want I'll get you the phone number ...
....sadly, I've got a worthless Scorpio to pay for!
Xedos 6 - J Bonington Jagworth
"The same 2.5 engine is (I believe) also used in some 626s and the MX-6"

And the Probe! (shudder)
Xedos 9 - PB
Steve
I just bought a R97 Xedos 9 on Friday from BCA Blackbushe. One lady owner from new, FSH, very good nick, 68k miles. Cost £3850 including buyer's premium. £4250 is a very fair price if it's similar. I was after a cheap and reliable car to commute on Mway and in traffic - it is easily as good as I expected.
PB.
Xedos 9 - Jonathan {p}
Great cars, fantastic engines. They will do 300k if properly looked after.
Xedos 9 - steveb
What's servicing costs like, and mpg with the autobox ?

Any other known problems other than in the car-by car ?

Cheers,

Steve
Xedos 9 - Jonathan {p}
These engines have a known distributer problem. Mazda will want to charge about 350 for a new one, but only a couple of parts are actually required and these cost about 80 from Ford.

The rocker cover gaskets can leak, leading to oil in the plug wells, not too serious, as long as it doesn't stop the plugs from sparking.

Lots of other v useful info on these websites.

www.mx6.com

homepage.ntlworld.com/dorothy.bradbury/probemx/ind...m

Having owned an mx6, I can vouch for the quality of these motors. You wont be getting much better than 28mpg motorway with the auto, but you will at least have a smile on your face.

jonathan