mitsubishi carisma 1.9 did - soft brake pedal - colmal

have a soft brake pedal on mitsubishi carisma, good mechanic has replaced brakes and

bled, still soft , changed master cylinder ,still soft , must be abs pump sent to have tested

needed non return valves changed, still soft , what else can it possibly be the mechanic

has bled and bled checked calipers are working , someone please help

mitsubishi carisma 1.9 did - soft brake pedal - Cyd

has he bled the brakes in the specified order and done all four?

might be worth having the system refilled properly by evacuating to vacuum, but you'll need to find a garage with the kit.

mitsubishi carisma 1.9 did - soft brake pedal - colmal

what is the specified order

mitsubishi carisma 1.9 did - soft brake pedal - gordonbennet

Replaced brakes, is that new pads only or new discs as well.

If new pads only you won't get a proper pedal till the pads have bedded in to the existing pattern established on worn and grooved discs, this can take a few hundred miles.

Presumably the calipers pistons are moving freely in their bores, rears usualy suspect for seizing.

mitsubishi carisma 1.9 did - soft brake pedal - Collos25

I have changed hundreds of pads and never had a soft pedal ,its not caused by grooved discs but by air in the system.

mitsubishi carisma 1.9 did - soft brake pedal - TeeCee

I have changed hundreds of pads and never had a soft pedal ,its not caused by grooved discs but by air in the system.

I beg to differ. If the discs are well-worn a nice, new and perfectly flat pad will only engage with the "high spots" at initial contact and additional pedal movement will force some deformation to the surface, giving a spongy feel.

Once the pads have bedded in to match the grooving / dishing of the disc, a firm pedal returns.

Less common these days as most places'll recommend a disc swap if there's any visible wear, while we used to happily run 'em while they were like waffle irons and with a monstrous lip at the outer edge....

mitsubishi carisma 1.9 did - soft brake pedal - Collos25

It will not cause a soft pedal never has and never will do ,soft pedals are caused by air nothing more nothing less.