Ford focus tdci 06 plate - Starting problems power loss and intermittent - riley26
Please help !!!! I have just bought a ford focus tdci 06 plate, when I picked the car up it drove get on the way home with no problems at all. After not running the car for a few days it started went for about half a mile and cut out when tried to start the car nothing there just dead the immobiliser light just flashing I got the car recovered to a local garage and they said it was the fuse box that had water in it under the glovebox. I had the replace this and they said it was fine great!!!! After picking the car up got about a mile down the road the engine powertrain warning light came on lost power and the speedo went to zero and the mileage went to ------ after a few minutes it went back to normal and was fine. The next time I went out the same thing happened but when tried starting back up the engine was immobilised and had to have it recovered to a garage again. After the garage did further investigation it has previously had a new instrument cluster and a ecu ? Someone has obviously been chasing the fault and I have bought someone else's problems. Please has someone got any ideas !!!!!!!!!!!