Peugeot 407 SW - Slipping Clutch?? - fredthefifth

This is a 2010 plate diesel with the 136bhp engine with 40K on the clock.

About a year ago at 24K the clutch and DMF were changed under warranty. I had reported what I thought was slipping and they found oil contamination and excessive play in the DMF. A modified clutch was fitted but I don't know what that really means but they told me the 407 did have a slipping clutch problem that this is supposed to address.

I still reckon I get slipping and I swopped cars with one of they staff who drove it home for a few days. He disagreed. We had a good chat about what we experienced for a while and I left happyish that what I was expriencing was normal, but 3 months on not so.

Its really to hard to create deliberately, it doesnt happen all the time and when it does its on acceleration so the revs are rising anyway but I am convinced that sometimes engine revs rise more than they should and even fall back slightly on reduction of power. Once done it wont happen again for a bit, almost as if there is oil again but it gets burnt off.

I know the basics but I'm not an expert and would really apprecaite some views from you folk if you don't mind.

Many thanks.

FTF

Peugeot 407 SW - Slipping Clutch?? - bathtub tom

When accelerating hard, dip the clutch so it slips, then release the pedal.

Does it bite with a bang, or does it slur like a torque converter auto?

Peugeot 407 SW - Slipping Clutch?? - fredthefifth

I'll try what you say with dipping the clutch but I suspect it will be like an auto box. In fact the whole slipping experience is like a torque converter on an auto box - I've thought that myself.

Any help?

Peugeot 407 SW - Slipping Clutch?? - Peter.N.

Check your rev counter, if you think its slipping lift you foot off the throttle and see if the revs suddenly drop, if its going to slip it will do it at max torque, about 2000 rpm with your foot hard down.