Vauxhall Zafira 2009 - Emissions Warning Light - Bingbangbong

Hi

I just bought a low mileage Zafira Life. Just before I called to collect the car, apparently, a warning light came on and I was told they would sort this out when sorting out another minor thing with the car. Having now checked myself, it is the emissions warning light. It is on all the time. I took the car back as arranged and they (very nice dealers) have checked it and tell me it is 'just a faulty sensor and wouldn't affect the drive of the car'. I was under the impression from a phone conversation that this sensor fault had been corrected but it is still showing all the time so I am wondering if they just expect me to ignore it. I am very concerned as, if the light is on all the time, even if it genuinely is the sensor, not what it is indicating is wrong, (and it has new MOT so presumably emissions were checked?) how on earth am I supposed to know that that is actually the case and how will I know if the fault itself does develop! My feeling is that this should be put right especially since it existed before I brought the car home a couple of weeks ago, and was acknowledged. Should I be worried? Even if it is 'only a sensor' wouldn't this give me problems if I wanted to sell the car? Would appreciate some advice please. Don't want to be an awkward customer but this is a big expenditure for me and don't want to do nothing and have problems in a little while....

Vauxhall Zafira 2009 - Emissions Warning Light - unthrottled

You're right to be worried. It won't pass its next MOT for a start! Take it back and politely request that they correct the fault as part of their obligations under the Sale of goods Act.

Make sure that they don't simply remove the emissions lamp LED.

Vauxhall Zafira 2009 - Emissions Warning Light - Bingbangbong

Thanks very much for the prompt reply! I will do what you suggest - they seem very nice so I am sure they will sort it out (fingers crossed).I'll let you know.